- £11 - Hour
- 1 month ago
Genesis are currently recruiting for a Transport/Traffic Administrator for our client based in the Walsgrave area of Coventry.
Shift 5am-5pm, 4 on 4 off Responsibilities: · Maintain systems, controls and regular checks on owned HGV vehicle compliance systems to ensure legality, safety and efficiency.
· Enforce and maintain all site safety and security controls for drivers and vehicles on site.
· Ensure the safety and compliance of contractors for area of responsibility, ensure that all relevant authorisations to work forms are completed and all associated paper work and documentation is maintained.
· In accordance with customer delivery requirements, schedule and monitor the loading of own, third party and customer transport vehicles to match.
· To direct and control all site delivery and collection traffic.
· Efficiently supervise the Production loading operatives on the loading bay which are allocated to these tasks.
· Deputise for the Traffic Manager where appropriate or delegated.
· Assist conducting investigations into accidents or issues of Driver performance and raise these with Team Leaders and HR to ensue they are dealt with efficiently and consistently · Work alongside the Team Leader to ensure that costs are managed in accordance with KPIs Some of the duties the Transport Administrator will be responsible for are: o Vehicle inspection, service and test records.
o Vehicle defect report, filling and actions.
o Driver eligibility, tachograph analysis and legality records.
o Daily/Weekly Internal Audits Skills/Experience: · Strong interpersonal and communication skills · Proven ability to be a team player · A highly organised approach · A positive approach to dealing with drivers and customers · Ability to make the right decisions under pressure · Full commitment to providing excellent customer service · Transport industry knowledge · Ability to prioritise workload · Must be an excellent communicator both written & verbally · Excellent IT skills
- Microsoft Packages e.g.
Excel, Word, Office