Job DescriptionJob Title: Personal Injury Team Leader Contract Type: Permanent Salary Range: Up to £32,000 depending on experience Location: Eastleigh Work Level: 3 Closing Date for applications: Sunday 1st November 2020 Team Leader
- Personal Injury Claims: As a Personal Injury Team Leader in our Eastleigh office, you will have the responsibility of leading a team of Personal Injury Claims Handlers through motivating and coaching them to deliver continual market leading performance and an exceptional customer claims journey.
The role of a Personal Injury Team Leader is to identify opportunities to optimise and control indemnity spend through tailoring individual coaching and development plans for each member of their team, to maximise output.
Main Responsibilities as a Personal Injury Team Leader:
* To maintain an appropriate working environment in which staff can provide a quality service to all internal and external customers, promoting the Ageas Way in Claims.
* To be responsible for discipline, training and ongoing development of all staff in the team.
This will include identifying training needs and mentoring individuals towards attaining their potential.
Ensuring all team members have the required level of skill to handle claims and meet the expectations in a complex environment.
* To undertake and promote personal development in order to meet the changing demands of the claims environment
* To promote and embed department strategies and initiatives, providing feedback to help support and evolve future plans.
* Analyse team and individual performance through data, observation and file audits to understand strengths and gaps.
* Implement robust performance plans for those not meeting expectations.
* To carry out regular 121 meetings to discuss performance and behaviour and to carry out formal annual and half-yearly performance reviews.
* To provide or facilitate technical and job related support to team members ensuring Company best practice and Statutory and Regulatory requirements are adhered to.
* Promote proactive and effective handling, protecting claim costs, with emphasis on Third Party claims management including hire management, repairs and injury
* To provide or facilitate training and technical support on fraud awareness and avoidance.
* To communicate effectively at all levels and ensure timely feedback is given to the Operations Leader on success and failure by the team.
* To manage the workflow and support other areas of the Department when resource levels require
* To maintain staff records in line with department and company guidelines Skills and experience you need as a Personal Injury Team Leader:
* You will have a full thorough understanding of the Insurance industry and market agreements coupled with experience in a Personal Injury claims environment.
* You will ideally hold a degree or equivalent in a relative field and it would be advantageous to have theoretical knowledge of or have obtained your CII qualification.
* Excellent team building skills are a must, the successful candidate will need to motivate and coach their team members to maximise both individual and team performance, even for example during a period of change management.
* You will have a proven record of problem solving and decision making, together with the ability to multi-task, prioritise workloads and manage teams effectively whilst under pressure.
* Working knowledge and practice of Excel and Word are essential and an understanding of analysing and interpreting Management Information data is important.
* Excellent verbal communication skills are a non-negotiable as you will need to clearly and effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholders whilst upholding a level of tact and diplomacy.
Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy within the Personal Injury Team Leader role based in Eastleigh:
* A competitive pension for which Ageas will pay twice the amount.
* Generous amount of holidays with the option to buy up to 10 additional days.
* Annual Salary review.
* Discretionary annual bonus based on personal and company performance.
* Life assurance of 4 x salary with the option to flex up.
* Return to work programme scheme.
* Flexible benefits package (private medical insurance, health and dental plans, free life assurance policy, discounted gym membership, cycle to work scheme as well as discounts with a wide range of retailers through our partner ).
* Support groups- well-being activities, yoga, mindfulness sessions, Sports and Social Club events and more.
About #Ageas: With a history of almost 200 years we pride ourselves on being a leading provider of award-winning insurance solutions in the UK.
We've scooped a Gold Standard Insurance Award for the last nine years running and received a five star defaqto rating for offering the highest quality products in the market.
We take pride in creating a supportive, inclusive and safe environment, encouraging people to bring 100% of themselves to work ev
Expired 4 weeks ago