Staff 365 are looking for a Dynamic Team Leader for our prestigious client based in Sheffield.
Shifts: Days, Nights and afternoons - rotational
Salary: £38, 830
Holidays: 30 days plus bank holidays
Pension: 5% pension contribution
The purpose of the role is to implement "Employee-oriented Management", that is to work closely with their teams to understand their team's skills expertise, tasks and characteristics. To enable the Team to achieve their KPI's in terms of ESH, output, efficiency, housekeeping, quality, absence through implementation of MOVE principles.
- Undertake consistent employee oriented management
- Agree with plant management challenging but achievable goals for their team and for themselves.
- Enable team to organise and structure tasks and define and optimise standards to achieve goals in line with MOVE principles. Ensure team members have the necessary skills and knowledge in MOVE to undertake tasks, and ensure effective and comprehensive work procedures are in place
- Promote and implement a "culture" of continuous improvement through actively questioning the status quo and established mode of behaviour by proposing, initiating, and actively supporting change processes including promoting the appropriate employee behaviour and convincing employees of the need for change. This requires Team Leader to actively engage with all members of their team, question the status quo and challenge individuals to implement improvements in their activities in line with targets and goals
- Planning of tasks and assignments to ensure team makes optimum use of its skills, abilities and potential through the delegation of tasks and responsibilities and liaison with "service" departments
- Discuss issues in review meetings with individuals and/or groups within the team.
- Effectively organise, implement and manage development of team members to ensure employees have the necessary qualification and skills to undertake tasks they are asked to perform; develop "flexibility" in the Team, to enable cover in the case of absence and promote succession planning to enable Team members to achieve their development potential.
- Be the "Champion" for MOVE in the workplace and be responsible for application of MOVE methods and instruments (e.g. chalk circle) to ensure MOVE goals within their area of responsibility
- React to daily problems and challenges in consultation with line management, for example responding to bottleneck situations, machine failure or part/material shortages
- Implementation of detailed order planning/machine scheduling
- Responsibility for safety, quality, quantity, delivery reliability and on time delivery performance of the team. This will encompass for example, machine cycle times, changeovers, inventory, schedule adherence, risk assessments and completion of TPMs
- Calculation of KPIs including safety, quality quantity, costs, delivery reliability and absenteeism
- Ensure compliance with and suggest improvements to existing standards such as 5S, changeover procedure, etc.
- Liaise with other departments to ensure continuous improvement through MOVE principles
- Ensure compliance with the Company's ESH and Quality policies and procedures
Planning & organising:
- Plan workload in advance following a yearly cycle, although ad-hoc queries may take priority over planned tasks
- The nature of work varies considerably each month depending on deadlines. Yearly cycles do not vary greatly and the knowledge and experience gained from previous years enables effective planning
- Plan and organise stock levels for office consumables up to 1 week in advance (if applicable)
- Resource management responsibilities (e.g. Staff, finance, other):
- Responsible for employees in designated area
- Educated to [HNC/D]/Degree level; Automotive/Mech Eng; Time-served Apprenticeship in Engineering (desirable)
- Background within medium/high volume manufacturing/engineering environment (essential)
- Approximately 2-3 years' experience is needed to perform the job at a competent level (essential)
- Proven experience of Managing People/Division; team leadership skills; creative thinker; project management skills
- Experience of working in a multi-site environment (desirable)
- Highly experienced in working under own initiative, demonstrating an ability to set and meet personal targets, combined with the flexibility to adjust to workload priorities to take account of new deadlines
- Interpersonal and communication skills and a commitment to customer service
- Awareness of wider Company issues and relevant legislation. Required to keep informed of changes in legislation and departmental policy to deliver correct advice
- Able to read engineering drawings; ability to read, understand, organise and identify tools and equipment and their correct usage from drawings/layouts. Knowledge of gauge metrology
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload, maintain confidentiality, and produce/process documents accurately
- Able to undertake training periods in Germany and to learn the language
- IT knowledge, including Outlook, Word, Excel, SAP (desirable)
- A flexible approach to work, along with the ability to work as part of a team
Staff 365 are an employment business and equal opportunities employer.