- 1 week ago
Job DescriptionService Delivery Manager
Our growing client based in Chorley is currently looking for an experience Service Delivery Manager.
The Service Delivery Manager will have overall responsibility for ensuring that the delivery of technology services to the Group meets the needs of the business in a consistent, effective and efficient manner, via the Service Delivery Team and, will also have overall responsibility to ensure that changes to the Groups IT systems and services are managed in line with the agreed Technology Change Management Process through the Release and Change Management team.
The Service Delivery Manager takes general direction from the Head of IT Operations, whilst working with minimum supervision on a day to day basis.
The jobholder also provides specialist advice to the Head of IT Operations on matters relating to service management.
The Service Delivery Manager is responsible for a small team and delivers his/her accountabilities through communication, negotiation and influence across the organisation.
- Leadership and oversight of the Release and Change Management Team, through the direction of the Release and Change Manager
- Leadership and oversight of the Service Desk Team, through the direction of the Service Desk Manager
- The development of continual improvement plans to ensure that technology systems and provided services adequately support business needs now and in the future.
- During the design and implementation of new services and throughout the service lifecycle, identify and manage external suppliers to ensure successful delivery of technology services to the Group.
- Ensure that adequate documentation, information repositories, staff training and other items essential for knowledge gathering, transfer and retention are in place throughout the full lifecycle for all supported systems and services.
- Recruit, lead, motivate, develop and manage the performance of direct Key Competencies & Behaviours: • Excellent at identifying and managing resources needed to plan, develop and deliver technology services • Strong influencer of senior level customers and technology teams, ensuring that services are managed to agreed levels of availability and performance • Knowledge sufficient to plan and manage the implementation of processes, tools and methods for monitoring and managing the performance of systems and services, in respect of their contribution to business performance and benefits to the business • Practical knowledge of monitoring people, supplier and systems performance, taking corrective action where necessary.
• Excellent interpersonal skills to act as a single point of contact for senior business stakeholders in relation to technology services • Excellent communication skills with non-technical stakeholders to ensure that they understand the available technology services Skills and experience: An ITIL (IT Infrastructure Library) professional qualification is desirable.
The role holder must have technology service operations experience, including prior management experience in at least one service management area (service design, transition, operation or improvement).
Service Delivery Manager