- £45,000 - 46,000 - Annum
- 1 week ago
If you’re a qualified management accountant, looking to apply your knowledge within one of the largest accounting firms in the country, please consider the following role.
The firm Top 10 accountancy and business advisory firm, providing integrated advice and solutions to help businesses navigate a changing world.
Passionate in sharing their clients’ ambitions and entrepreneurial mind-set.
Offering a global reach, integrity and expertise to help them succeed.
The global network provides business advisory services in over 100+ countries, with 80,000 people working out of 1,500 offices worldwide.
The role As a Senior Management Accountant you will be required to work closely and support senior members of the team in the timely delivery of services.
You will work independently and be accountable for the delivery of projects to the manager or partner for review, being the first point of contact for clients throughout projects.
In addition to accounting capabilities, you will have rounded business knowledge able to analyse client data, make recommendations and talk credibly to clients on the issues they face such as current trading position, future outlook and legislative changes Technical responsibilities
* Complete month end close procedures for larger more complex clients including prepare and post journals, update ledgers, perform bank reconciliation and cash book analysis
* Able to tailor standard management reports to the specific reporting needs of the client.
* Monitor and review client financial date, present ideas and make recommendations to clients
* Proactive analysis of client data and communication directly with client e.g.
current issues, future trading, relevant legislative changes
* Ensure that the firm’s risk management and quality control procedures are adhered to at all times.
* Begin to review completed returns for accuracy, uses deductive reasoning to identify anomalies, issues or gaps to raise ahead of manager/RI review.
* Knows how finance and accounting functions and supporting technology can differ by industry and business structure, what is required from a compliance perspective and what is considered a standard or best practice.
* Provides clients with advice on day to day accounting transactions and appropriate accounting treatment.
* Preparation of statutory accounts under UK GAAP and other relevant accounting frameworks.
* Prepare consolidations and cash flow for year-end statutory accounts and year end accounting files accounting files for audit either by internal and external auditors.
* Identifies opportunities to use add-on applications to improve business processing efficiency for the firm and the client.
* Prepare standard KPI dashboards from the client’s accounting system, using templates.
* Able to identify circumstances that require more specialist advice and bring in others as appropriate.
* Prepare simple budgets for clients’ management purposes only by extrapolating last year’s data and making minor adjustments.
Experience and professional qualifications
* Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA or equivalent) or equivalent experience
* Solid accounting knowledge with previous experience within accounts preparation and outsourced accounting
* Good knowledge of UK GAAP and IFRS
* Good knowledge of corporation tax, income tax, VAT, PAYE, company secretarial procedures and applications
* Competent in the use of Microsoft Office and use of all standard in house packages
* Proficient in the use of accounting software packages