- 1 month ago
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious and motivated individual who is looking to enhance their accountancy career and gain invaluable exposure.
We are a firm of Chartered Accountants (ICAEW) based in Central London (Gherkin building) and Gants Hill.
We are recruiting for a Client Manager who has experience controlling a portfolio of clients and taking responsibilities for all services provided to these clients. You will be a qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA or equivalent) and have experience leading accounts assignments, managing the work of more junior staff and ultimately acting as the key point of contact for a variety of clients
The nature of the business will require the successful candidate to have a professional manner and the confidence to liaise comfortably with the firm’s staff and its clients at all levels.
• Qualified ACA/ACCA
• 3+ years’ experience at a similar role
• Allocating work, briefing and controlling the team, and ensuring compliance with timetables
• Excellent ability to prepare tax returns for individuals, partnerships, limited companies and LLPs
• Excellent understanding of tax and VAT legislation
• Expert knowledge of accounting software like Sage line 50, Sage payroll, Xero, Quick Books and CCH Accounts Production.
• Ability to prioritise and work effectively towards deadlines
• Diligence, integrity, confidence
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Instigating and managing performance improvements procedures along with appraisals, both formal six-monthly reviews and more informal and regular reviews
• Outstanding commercial knowledge and awareness
• Audit and Accounts assignment management including job planning, budgeting, detailed review of file and finalisation of file for manager's review
• Overseeing and mentoring trainees and providing assistance when needed, supervision of staff and ensuring their development and progress is monitored
• Liaising with clients, HMRC and other professionals
• Maintaining and developing new client relationships
Expired 1 week ago