Blatchford is a multi-award-winning manufacturer of some of the world’s most advanced prosthetic technology, bespoke seating solutions and orthotic devices.
Our evidence-based approach and commitment to continuously challenge possibilities ensures our mobility solutions prioritise the wellbeing and long-term health of our users. Through science, technology, and maintaining a clear focus on people, we make mobility possible.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Requirements Engineer, to join our engineering team based in our rapidly growing facility in Basingstoke.
Requirements Engineer Responsibilities:
- Updating and maintaining the V-model used to define and verify essential characteristics of all Blatchford’s products – current and future.
- Formalising requirement specifications, trace reports, verification test specifications and verification test summary documentation.
- Analysing design changes and performing inspections to update verification evidence.
- Supporting the Systems Architect, Systems Engineer and all associated teams with V-model updates and queries.
- Take a lead in reviewing, maintaining and evolving requirements and tests at all the following levels:
- User Needs
- Collaborate closely with key areas of the business including Commercial to ensure all input and product feedback is captured and processed accordingly.
- Ensure testability of all requirements to facilitate effective verification.
- Support other engineers in their own maintenance of requirements.
- Manage detailed tracing of requirements and tests.
- Support improved use of Blatchford’s V-Model Management tools to improve:
- Quality of existing requirements and tests — e.g. addressing gaps, inconsistencies, weaknesses, complex items that need to be deconstructed, etc.
- Compliance with applicable standards and acknowledged definitions of good requirements and test management practice.
- Standardization of language and terms.
- Formality of expression to minimize ambiguity / misunderstanding.
- Use and configuration of tool customization capabilities.
- Quality of V-model audit trails.
- Coordination of V-model documentation across:
- Multiple variants of a given design (e.g. internationalization options)
- Multiple versions in the life of a given design.
- Multiple designs based on common platform.
Requirements Engineer Requirements:
- Strong educational background; related Engineering, Science or BioMed Degree.
- Experience working to Quality Systems in line with BS EN 14971; BS EN ISO 13485 is also desirable.
- Quality focused, able to identify issues and propose appropriate solutions.
- Requirements engineering and use of software tools to manage complex bodies of requirements and traceability material
- Verification and validation activities on whole products or sub-systems
- Whole product lifecycle for complex multi-technology systems
- Strong written communication skills including:
- Structured use of natural language
- Mathematical expression
- Concise written communication.
- Appreciation for, or experience across, the full spectrum of systems, mechanical, electronic and software engineering
- Strong attention to detail and record keeping.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
If you think that you are suitable for this Requirements Engineer role, please apply now!