- 1 month ago
Andy File Associates Limited are working as a Recruitment Agency on behalf of our client with regards this permanent position Please be aware that we are advertising this position with the permission of our client and we are continuing to accept and progress suitable applications but given the unprecedented circumstances we all find ourselves in at the moment, they will not be moving forward to shortlisting on this until May 2020 or until we have further information.
However, this could change at any time so please keep a look out as we will be updating this as soon as we know more and thank you for your patience in the meantime.
Our client is looking for an experienced Project Engineer to join their team based in Sheffield as an Installations Coordinator.
Deployment projects will include site visits to act as site manager whilst the installation and commissioning phase of the project is underway.
Typically, you will be expected to be on site for up to 4 weeks at a time, but this varies from project to project and longer periods away are a possibility.
There will be times when this is outside of the UK.
Certain urgencies arise where you may also have to travel to site at short notice to support ongoing work or to diagnose issues.
This is very much a hands on role within the Commissioning team and you will be assisting with and supporting on the coordination of the delivery, installation and commissioning across the UK.
You will be liaising with the production, and engineering teams as well as specialist contractors and suppliers.
You will also be required to support company safety, quality and regulatory approval functions.
Our client will offer the necessary training in their technology to enable you to take this hands on approach.
Whilst on site, the successful candidate will be carrying out the following duties:
* Coordinating sub-contractors and suppliers
* Installation, commissioning and testing of our clients products
* Oversee the integration of control and safety systems
* Interacting with customers
* Ensuring site safety is being adhered to Who are we looking for?
* Degree qualified Engineer (Mechanical, Electrical) with strong core engineering skills
* Solid track record of experience working as a project engineer
* Familiarity with the installation and commissioning of process plant or industrial equipment
* Working knowledge of technical documents and drawings including P&IDs, electrical diagrams and control logic flow diagrams
* Good organisational and reporting skills Working knowledge of automated PLC Process Control Systems would be advantageous as would knowledge of compressed gases, pressure systems and Pressure Equipment Directives, ATEX Directives and the explosive atmospheres Benefits include: Competitive salary depending on experience + additional off site rate, Pension payable of 5% contributory after 3 months, 25 days holiday plus stats