- £28.95 - Hour
- 1 month ago
One of our local authority clients are currently recruiting for a Principal Transport Planner.
This is a temporary contract for 6 months with possible further extension based on budget and performance.
Main Purpose of Post/Job Summary
* To contribute to the leadership and development of the delivery of development to ensure that all transport related impacts are mitigated sufficiently, and that works are carried out in accordance with Council policy, planning and highway law.
* To manage a Transport Development Team and provide technical expertise, where required, to the planning and economic development teams and other Council services as required.
* Manage a team of circa 10 Transport Development professionals.
Lead, plan and organise the activities of the team, considering both short and long-term implications to ensure strategic direction is supported.
Set clear and realistic objectives ensuring they fit with the corporate purpose; monitor progress against objectives and provide feedback.
* To efficiently manage and develop the service provision of Transport Development for BCP to ensure advice is provided to the council in accordance with statutory, national and local requirements.
* Manage and review allocated budget within delegated authority and the Council’s financial regulations
* Be responsible for the recruitment, management, development, wellbeing, of staff in the service to enable high standards of performance and customer service and ensure that appropriate workforce planning and performance management is in place to enable effective service delivery.
* To set the culture within the service area and ensure that the organisations vision, values and behaviours are embedded.
* Manage the development, alignment and execution of high profile, large and complex projects
* To develop and implement external development-based funding/ bidding arrangements and commercial opportunities to help deliver BCP priorities.
* To make decisions, manage risk and contracts as necessary to deliver quality and value for money for the service.
* To contribute in developing a quality resource to facilitate the needs of the Council and in line with the varying needs of its customers in close liaison with the Development Management Manager
* To contribute in developing the service, its business planning, policy, partnerships and procedures in line with developing customer needs
* Proven skills in programme management and the ability to lead in a variety of projects to timescale at the same time.
* To represent the council where appropriate in a professional manner that safeguards the reputation of the council; promoting a positive perception of the service and developing a culture of providing excellent customer care to all service users.
* To establish and maintain credible and effective working relationships, both internally and with external organisations.
* Able to deal well with conflict or in resolving different opinions with suitable diplomacy to overcome high profile and contentious situations
* To work positively and proactively with the Communications Team at the operational level, to ensure effective communications with the media and the public regarding the Unit’s role and service.
* In their absence, when required, to represent the Head of Transportation and/or Transport
* Development Manager on Transport Development related matters.
* To represent the Growth and infrastructure Directorate in appeals, informal hearings and public inquiries, with enforcement witness statements, legal action, court cases as they affect Transport Development matters (frequency is typically every 3 months but may vary).
The above is a brief overview of the role, details and specification will be provided should you be successful.
If interested in this position, please send your CV to Jahker Miah at Coyle Personnel Ltd
Expired 3 weeks ago