- £23 - Hour
- 1 month ago
Principal Planning Enforcement Officer
- North Yorkshire Pay: £23ph umbrella Hours: 37 hour week Duration: 3 month initially Sector: Public Scope: Outside IR-35 My client are currently looking for a temporary Principal Planning Enforcement Officer to help the Planning Enforcement Team to deal with current workloads.
The role will include (but will not be limited to) the following duties:
- Overseeing and monitoring the efficient and expedient investigation of complaints and subsequent enforcement action.
- Dealing with complex planning enforcement issues/cases.
- Assisting with the provision of advice and guidance to the team in respect of investigation and resolution of cases, including those generated by Elected Members and Members of Parliament, parish councils and the public.
- Preparing and overseeing enforcement notices, Breach of Condition notices contravention notices, stop notices and temporary stop notices and S215 notices for tidying unsightly sites and buildings.
- Maintenance of information linked to enforcement cases, ensuring that all investigations are carried out in accordance with the requirements of RIPA (Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000) and PACE (Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1984).
- Dealing with enforcement appeals including the giving of evidence at informal hearings and public inquiries and preparing written representation appeals.
- Fostering good working relationships with other teams across the Council (especially licensing), other stakeholders, external agencies and partner organisations to enable an effective corporate approach to the enforcement function.
- Compliance with relevant health and safety procedures and policies.
Qualifications: Degree level or equivalent e.g.
NVQ level 4 OR relevant experience.
Experience/Skills: Experience in enforcement of conditions on planning applications Experience with Microsoft Office Previous experince in similiar role
Expired 1 week ago