- £25,000 - 30,000
- 2 days ago
We have immediate openings for Live in Carers to work on a number of packages including dementia, mental health and complex care. Ideally you will have previous healthcare experience of some capacity. Full training however is given for the right candidates. Flexibility is given in working schedules, for example some employees like to work 6-8 weeks with a two break, others prefer to work three weeks, then have one week off. This can be discussed at interview stage.
Our client at present is looking for candidates with a minimum of one year’s healthcare experience.
The current training dates available are:
2nd to 6th November
16th to 20th November
30th Nov to 4th December
You will be required to attend Training in Hampshire area before commencing work. Please only apply if you are able to do this. Free accommodation is provided for training period.
- Pay rate up to £550 per week (gross) depending on experience and qualification. (If vast experience, more complex care packages on offer that will pay a higher weekly rate)
- 28 days paid holidays (including bank holidays)
- Accommodation and food provided while working
- Free training
- Free accommodation during training period
- 24/7 support
- Flexible working pattern (you decide what rota you wish to work, i.e. four weeks on, one week off / six weeks on, two weeks off for example.
- Chance to work for growing company and help others
- Ongoing training and development
- Supporting service user in all day to day tasks where assistance may be required
- Showering / bathing / toileting tasks. You MUST be happy with personal hygiene duties as this is a daily part of the job
- Assisting in and out of bed
- Making meals and drinks
- Helping with medication tasks
- Looking after the house, tidying, hoovering, washing up, changing beds and laundry duties
- Being a friend, watching tv, chatting and helping with other activities
- Supporting in all needs to make comfortable and safe
- A min of 1 years previous live in care/healthcare experience is required ideally. Experience of looking after family members may count, as will experience in a variety of care settings, such as live in, community or residential, elderly / LD and other areas so if you can demonstrate some kind of care experience please do apply.
- Good levels of English, both spoken and written
- Due to the nature of the role, flexibility is required in terms of location of placements
- Emphatic and sensitive nature, able to remain calm under pressure
- Trustworthy and reliable
- Confident and calm nature
- A genuine interest to care and support service users in their day to day lives
- Ideally a driving license and access to vehicle
- Happy to undergo DBS check
- Able to travel to Hampshire for the training (accommodation provided)
Part of the process will be to provide previous employment references and to complete recruitment paperwork pack, any delay in this will lead to delay in securing a place on training and start date.
For full details please submit your CV.