- 3 weeks ago
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.Job Description
About the Role
We are currently searching for a high calibre and inspirational Legal Director to bring-together, lead and manage our teams in the region. APACx is a key region for Uber strategically and encompasses Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Japan, Taiwan and South Korea as well as our regional HQ in Singapore. You will report to the Associate General Counsel for APAC/EMEA and be based in either Singapore or Hong Kong. You’ll also be expected to be willing to travel across the region (and the world!) where needed.What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
Uber is a game-changing company that enables game-changing mobility and logistics services around the world. You may know us best as an app that allows people to book a ride at a touch of their smartphone. We’re much more now and are changing the way people and things move around the world through products like Uber Eats, Uber Freight and various new mobility offerings like JUMP bikes and scooters. We are in over 600 cities worldwide, including in 6 countries across APACx (South-East and North Asia and Australia and New Zealand). We also recently listed on the New York Stock Exchange.
What You’ll Do
- Work closely with the business and other members of the legal department regionally and globally on commercial, regulatory, corporate, litigation and policy matters in the APACx region.
- Effectively lead, manage, build and develop our APACx legal team to ensure they are a cohesive and effective team and a strong partner to all areas of our business (including Rides, Eats, JUMP and Freight).
- Be the leader and point of contact for the business in the region and an active part of the cross-functional regional leadership team.
- Together with the team, lead on legal work in regulatory matters and litigation, including drafting, attending hearings and generally advising the business on how to best handle potentially contentious situations
- Advance the compliance agenda while balancing the need for rigorous compliance with pragmatic, creative advice to move the business forward and allow for the continuous innovation and development of our products’ pipeline.
- With the team, be an active partner to the business on commercial contracts such as technology agreements, promotional agreements, sponsorships, partnerships as well as general procurement and marketing and advertising initiatives across the region.
- Provide strategic and proactive legal and business advice to internal business groups. It’s our job to peer round corners for the business and ensure that we are well positioned for the future.
- Effectively and efficiently manage outside counsel to achieve regulatory and policy objectives across the Uber platform.
- Understand, interpret and apply current regulations as applicable to Uber’s various business models in the region and help to shape future regulation.
- Research, review, and analyze legal risks for Uber and its subsidiaries in APACx.
- Work hard but have a lot of fun doing it!
WHAT YOU NEED
- Significant and relevant post-qualification experience at a top law firm or in-house (minimum 12+ years of experience, some material in-house experience is a strong plus)
- Strong academic credentials and law degree from a top law school or university
- Excellent business judgment, communication and interpersonal skills (with a high level of emotional intelligence)
- To be able to think on your feet and make quick decisions
- To be able to thrive in high impact/high profile situations
- The highest standards of integrity and punctuality
- Proactive and assertive in approach
- Credible and professional
- Fluent in written and spoken English with fluency in any other APACx language being a strong plus. Other relevant languages may be an advantage too.
Expired 3 weeks ago