- £750 - Day
- 1 month ago
Chief Accountant (Local Government) Our client are a Local Authority who are looking for an interim Chief Accountant to cover a vacant post.
MAIN PURPOSE To be the primary expert on financial accounting regulations and be the primary advisor on this subject matter to the Council’s statutory section 151 Officer.
• To hold the day-to-day responsibility for the Council’s system of financial controls, ensuring that all key reconciliations are produced monthly, quarterly or yearly depending on their importance and the regularity.
• To regularly liaise and manage relationships with the External Auditors at a senior level.
• To manage the production of the Council’s Single entity and Group accounts.
• To manage the end of year capital and asset accounting processes.
• To manage the financial accounting function and present to directors and councillors on the matter, where appropriate.
• To ensure that the team provide specialist financial accounting advice to budget holders and officers in other parts of Finance to support decision-making and financial modelling of major business cases.
• To be the day-to-day system owner of SAP, BPC, CIPFA Asset Manager and any system related to the Council’s Accounts.
Skills and Experience 1.
A CCAB accountancy qualification, will significant years of post-qualification experience.
Highly detailed understanding of local government regulations and financial accounting knowledge (as the role will include Company accounting, Group Accounts and technical accounting, not local government specific) 3.
Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of local government finance, budgeting and accounting, and experience in providing high level advice, support and challenge on a variety of complex financial and service issues 4.
Excellent numerical and analytical skills, including the ability to analyse and interpret detailed and complex financial and other information, to develop and use financial management systems and to have the confidence and ability to train and develop others in the use and application of such systems 5.
Good oral and written communication skills, including the ability to present a range of complex and detailed financial and other issues to a diverse audience in a simple manner including councillors and senior officers and to develop and manage productive relationships with both external and internal contacts and agencies.
Very Advanced IT skills in Excel, PowerPoint and Word, including the ability to design, construct and interpret complex spreadsheets.
Extensive experience of working with integrated financial systems in a large organisation 7.
Advanced modelling skills 8.
Solid Project Management Skills 9.
Some understanding of Tax Please apply with an updated CV
Expired 2 weeks ago