- £30,000 - 38,000 - Annum
- 1 month ago
Our client are a successful, dynamic, multi-disciplinary accountancy and business advisory practice, with offices in both London and Guildford.
This role will be based in their Guildford office The Firm comprises 13 Partners who have the breadth of experience and the acumen to enable the Firm to get quickly to the heart of client matters and build a thorough understanding of the issues Main Purpose of the Role: As part of the Accounts team, to assist with various accounting tasks in an advisory capacity to a range of clients (including financial accounts, management accounts and bookkeeping) on a day to day basis.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
* Preparation of financial accounts for sole traders, partnerships and limited companies, groups, charities and academies
* Preparing year end working paper files and assisting auditors
* Preparation of monthly or quarterly management accounts including posting journals of accruals, prepayments, depreciation and payroll.
Preparation of control reconciliations and analytical review schedules.
* Maintenance of client’s accounting records and reconciliations including bookkeeping, processing of client data and dealing with queries.
* Preparation of VAT returns
* Working at clients’ premises on their computer systems, liaising with the bookkeeper/director to prepare accounts and discuss results.
* Education to degree level or equivalent
* ACCA/ACA qualified/or part-qualified if Semi-Senior level (study support available)
* Minimum 2 years’ experience in an accountancy practice
* Good level of knowledge of accounting standards essential
* Experience of working on consolidated and Charities’ accounts desirable
* Experience of CCH Accounts Production, and Xero Software desirable
* Good IT knowledge and skills, particularly Excel Some of the company benefits:
* 4% contributory pension
* Health Care (after 6 months employment)
* 1 professional subscription per year
* Season ticket loan If you have the right skills and experience to be able to do this role and are looking for a new opportunity with a friendly office environment, please apply and send me your CV