We are currently looking to recruit an account clerk to join our client’s small team in Burton on Trent
Our client supplies temporary staff around the UK and their accounts department is based in Burton just outside the town centre and includes free parking.
– Daily reconciliation of cash, bank, credit card and online accounts
– Raising Invoices with correct paperwork
– Credit Control
– Looking after cash and bank transfer sales, most of which have the invoices generated and allocate to the payments automatically.
– Sales Ledger Cash Account to monitor including solving any queries
– Preparing and processing daily banking of counter sales;
– Banking cheques
– Updating system information with figures
– Process daily exports where required
– Processing Payments
– Working closely with other departments to ensure customer requirements are met
– Using company IT systems effectively and accurately maintaining company records
– Identifying and resolving any discrepancies in a timely manner
– Attending meetings and training sessions where required
– Ensuring compliance with company health and safety policy
– Be able to demonstrate previous reconciliation experience
– At least 1 year experience working as part of an accounts team
* At least 1 years experience using Accounting Software XERO.
* Strong Excel skills
* Must be immediately available to start
* Must be computer literate and have excellent keyboard and data entry skills and ability to adapt to new procedures and more effective ways of working.